Wednesday, July 20, 2016

EOC: (wk. 1) My Voice


Lover of EVERYTHING fashion: I'm very detail oriented I LOVE to read, travel and learn new things.  Fashion has always and forever been a huge part of my life.  While growing up, I was viewed by my family and friends to have a weird or quirky sense of style.  People would ask me what made me put things together.  Sometimes kids would laugh at me for what I chose to wear to school because it was different.  Sometimes I got praised for being unique.  No matter what, I have always proud of myself for standing out.  I never let what anybody thought or said about me change anything about myself.  I have always embraced my differences as my special “mark” that I leave behind.  This uniqueness has lead to me becoming the go to person by my family when it comes to fashion choices they make.  I’ve been called on to style people for events, photoshoots for clothing companies, visual merchandising projects at retail operations in which I’ve worked and my opinions have been considered when making final selections for seasonal clothing lines.   As a fashion major, I spend a lot of time defending why I chose this path, people don’t understand what types of opportunities are available in the fashion industry, but when I explain my passion, they get it.  Fashion is not just a vain thing.  It’s all around us if we take a minute to look around and see what is really in front of us. Fashion is all around us and it can’t be ignored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment